As a person who has forgotten that as of late, I am writing this as a gentle reminder. That all is not lost. That I must keep waking up each day and do something with it. That I must not look regretfully on the past, or too longingly on the future. I must remember that living in the moment is one of the most daunting tasks we face, and that (even if I'm not living the moment as perfectly as I would like) I must live it.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Often our hearts become downtrodden, we become engulfed in the hopelessness that sometimes ceases us in this life. We begin thinking of all the things we want that we don't yet have, and how our life would be so much better if only we had them. Some call it depression, some medicate the hopelessness and hope the longing will cease, but out of this, out of the dead of winter buds new life. In these chilly seasons of our lives we wake each day wondering what we are doing, where we are going, and if we are even moving forward. I used to remind myself that everything I was experiencing, every job, every person, every failure and even my successes were all leading me to the next thing. How I handled those situations was basically me choosing which road to go down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Many people let their past or waiting on their future rob them of doing the right things in the "now"! Good blog entry Cassie!
ReplyDelete